Monday, July 27, 2009

The Super-Heroine Monologues













I love my life in the theater. Well, in the wings, actually. Recently, I got an e-mail from Greg Maraio, an actor and director whom I had photographed for the Zeitgeist Stage Company. He was directing a new show and needed some publicity photos for it. I'm always up for helping out theater groups. I remember when I produced (along with the co-writers) our musical, The Paisley Sisters' Christmas Special, and help came from surprising places and was always welcome. You really have to love the theater to produce a show, that much I can say.

Anyway, when Greg and the cast came over to the studio for the shoot, I was blown away by the costumes. They were amazing. I've included some of them here. Greg designed and made them himself. They really capture the look and spirit of the characters. Here, well, you'll know all of them except for maybe Storm, unless you're at Comic-Con right now.

The show runs September 10 through the 26th at the Boston Center for the Arts.

1 comment:

  1. Great pix! But I believe the redhead is not Storm, but the movie version of Jean Grey in her Phoenix incarnation.

    ReplyDelete